Free Consultation | No Fees Until We Win (818) 222-2222


Recent Results:


Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer

What should I do if I’m involved in a car accident?

Before you do anything, ensure that everyone involved is not injured or in pain. If there is an obvious sign of injury or pain, seek medical assistance immediately. This will be a stressful situation, but it’s critical that you proceed with following steps:

– Contact the police immediately

– Gather the facts, by taking down notes, using your phone to take photos of the scene, involved persons, injuries, and damages to vehicles. Download our “What to do in case of an accident” pamphlet and keep this in your car.

– Look for witnesses standing by and obtain their information

– Do not admit fault at any degree (this may be used against you unfairly)

– Obtain the driver, insurance and vehicle information

– Take photos of all damage to your vehicle and your injuries (Cuts, Bruising, etc)

Most importantly: Do NOT admit fault to anyone.

You will have to notify your insurance company of the incident. It is imperative that you DO NOT ADMIT FAULT TO ANYONE OR GIVE A STATEMENT TO ANY INSURANCE COMPANY WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING WITH AN ATTORNEY. This includes:

– Insurance companies
– Other parties involved in the accident
– Paramedics
– Witnesses
– Police

Additionally, do not speak to insurance adjusters

DO NOT TALK to adjusters, investigators or anyone before contacting The personal injury attorney Los Angeles at The Farias Firm, PC. Your claim may be jeopardized and its value diminished if you talk to them.

Even if you are not at fault, your words can and will be twisted to manipulate your policy details. Your insurance company, or the other party’s insurance company, will attempt to withhold money that is rightfully yours.

Even if you are an undocumented immigrant, in the state of California, you can still claim compensation for personal injury and wrongful death in Los Angeles. If you have been in a traffic collision, you still have rights. Your immigration status cannot be used as evidence in a civil case or wrongful death claim against you.

Return to Top